Top 6 Programming Languages for Mobile App Development in 2024
By Carol Smith
Mobile App Development
As we advance into this tech-driven era, the surge of mobile app development is continuously booming for 2024; this will be the most competitive era as we see the technologies and rapid advancement. With artificial intelligence (AI) in the ground, it took conventional technology to another level with the rapid growth of AI, ML, AR, and VR; this era couldn't be more competitive and ground-breaking. To stay ahead of the competition, you have to stay informed and decide which technologies to integrate into your app development, and those requirements should be in alignment with your objectives and requirements. Looking for an expert programmer? Find a reliable mobile app development company in Dallas Texas, to stay ahead of the competition and shine out in the market.
To stand out from the competition and to get a prominent app in this era, it's important to incorporate the right tools and tactics into your app's development and use the platform that can generate the best desired outcomes you want for your business or for any purpose. But when you hire a developer for app development, the first thing that comes to mind is to look up the most suitable programming language to build a robust and creative app that is efficient and has quick loading times. In this guest post, we will be discussing the top 6 languages and their specifications to help you make an informed decision:
The Top 6 Mobile App Development Languages
With thorough research, we will be mentioning below the top 6 languages that made it to our list, their advantages and disadvantages, and why you should use them in your app development process. This guest post will help you choose the most suitable language to get the desired results and a compatible language:
Swift basically originated from Objective-C. Still, it's a much more modern version now. Swift is a programming language powered by Apple. This first came up as Objective-C, which is used as an alternative choice for many of the Apple products. It is a general-purpose programming language with modern features and is used for the development of iOS applications. Everything has its own perks and drawbacks. Let’s discuss the gains and pitfalls of Swift.
- This language consists of a set of amazing features like quick compiling times, generics, interference, and much more.
- The code that it uses for app development is shorter and simpler than the other languages, as they have lengthy code and do the same job.
- You can find your errors while running the code, as the compiler is brilliant. You can detect the error in the development time, and it reduces the chances of the app being delayed in the market.
- You can learn this programming language very easily as compared to others, as its courses can be done through various online resources.
- The semantics and the syntax are much easier to understand, and the rules to learn them are the same as those in Java, Python, etc.
- The programming can be a bit complicated using Swift as a programming language.
- This language is hard to learn, which means that the learning process might affect the app’s delivery.
- The readability of Swift is low, as users find it difficult to read the code.
- Swift is only limited to iOS development due to Apple’s strict encryption policy.
This is also a general-purpose and object-oriented programming language used for both iOS and Android. This language deals with things like dynamic typing, which allows the data to be changed. This language supports both OS X and Windows ORA. Let's find out why you should be opting for objective-C language:
- This is a multi-functional code that can be used for both Android and Apple devices.
- You can use pre-existing code to enhance it without the hassle of starting from scratch.
- It doesn't have a big library. It has to be compiled before use.
- Objective-C supports both functional and procedural programming.
- You must be an expert if you're to use Objective-C as the programming language, as you have to develop a wide range of commands and code to master this language.
- It's difficult to learn and can't be used in creative ways.
- There's a word about it in the market, knowing Objective-C as an inefficient language as compared to the others.
One of the most popular languages, Java, is used by the top companies in the world. Hire a well-known mobile app development company in Dallas Texas, that offers top-notch apps using Java. This language is used for the development of Android applications. There are multiple reasons why it's considered one of the most frequently used programming languages used by developers. You can avail of various features, like using an object for interaction or representation. Let's find out why it is popular:
- The code is made very easy for the users to read, which makes it the most commonly used and preferred language.
- It's created for the general purpose of language, which covers a wide range of topics.
- There is a large digital library available to learn the language of Java.
- This programming language is object-oriented
- There is a large digital library available to learn the language of Java.
- Java is very well-known, but it's also very ineffective when it comes to measuring the negatives.
- This language has been criticized a lot in terms of overuse.
- It runs slowly as people overutilize this language when developing an app for an old phone, as has been seen.
- Even for simple tasks, Java requires a massive amount of coding, which gets frustrating for newbies.
One of the most reputable and popular programming languages, C++, is one of the most renowned. This language is mostly used for game development and has been used by most of the developers. If you choose C++, then you can be free of one thing, which is that it's very easy to use. Therefore, it's great for beginners and has object-oriented capabilities, which make it easier and more interactive. If you have searched even a little bit, you might have come across the C# programming language. It's one of the developer's top-picked programming languages. This is one of the smartest choices for investing time in learning the language. This can be a bit challenging, but it is one of the most impressive choices.
- It's one of the oldest languages of all time and is still used by students to learn about programming.
- This language helps you find bugs quickly to maintain high performance.
- C++ offers great support for inline operations and makes it easier to switch programming styles.
- This language is used by Microsoft. Also, you can use a single code for Windows, Windows apps, and Xbox One.
C++ is less user-friendly and is a bit difficult to teach; you can even find developers who are C++ experts.
There are very few browsers that support the language C++, which creates hustle for the developers
It is not supported on devices that have low RAM.
It is one of the most popular and oldest programming languages. It's a superb choice of programming language since it can be learned quickly. Beginners can avail of this language as it's easy to learn, and there are a plethora of free resources and free courses available on the market. Its code can be utilized for both platforms, Android and iOS, without the need to have a new code. There are a variety of sets available in the library to develop a robust app. Let's find out what the pros and cons of choosing Python are.
- The biggest pros of this language are its user-friendliness and ease of use.
- It's a very intuitive and easy-to-learn language
- Python is a very simple programming language
- It's known for its Agility, simplicity, and readability
- You have to be limited while working on Python. You can't be very open with the options it has to offer
- For big-scale projects, Python isn't a suitable choice.
- There is a limited set of libraries to work in academic settings or even for research-based projects.
Kotlin, powered by JetBrains, is recognized by Google and has been known as the official language of Android development. It's one of the most noteworthy languages to use in 2024. Let's find out the pros and cons of Kotlin as a programming language:
- The code Kotlin uses is very easy to read and understand. It makes the coding very easy and smooth.
- Kotlin detects the anomalies by detecting the bugs, ensuring stable and smooth code integration.
- Kotlin can also interoperate with the JAV, which helps the developers take advantage of the existing Java codebase and libraries.
- It's a cross-platform development platform, which means it uses a single code for more than one operating system.
- The resources from which Kotlin can be learned are very limited compared to the other languages.
- The community is made up of very small developers that use Kotlin as a programming language.
- Kotlin has been reported to be slower than the speed needed. This negatively impacts the whole efficiency of the system
Why Choosing The Right Language For Your App Is Indispensable
Choosing the correct language to use for programming is the first step in app development; the wheel performance of the app is dependent on the app interface and development, which are based on the programming language. Before opting for any single language, keep these things in mind. Choosing an outdated and incompatible language can result in a sluggish and low-graded app, which can destroy user engagement and their experience, which eventually results in app failure. Here, we are mentioning things you should consider while choosing a language:
1. Type of Application
Before selecting any language, first choose the type of application you want to build, like an app for business, a web application, or a multi-platform application. The language that aligns with the application's type will be most suitable.
2. Identify Your Platform
The platform on which you want your app to be developed can be helpful in choosing the right language, as some languages are created for specific platforms, like Swift, and can only be utilized in Apple apps or iOS. Like that, there are multiplatform languages available; it’s important to choose the language that best aligns with the platform.
The app’s development doesn’t mean the delivery of an app to the market, but the app should be updated in order to compete and maintain your app. It’s integral to choose a language that can align with this goal. With the rapid advancement of technology, an app needs to be maintained for long-term sustainability. For that cause. Choosing an outdated language will result in a slow degradation of your app’s functionality.
4. Scalability and Security
If you choose to develop an app that runs successfully throughout the process, you should consider the factor of scalability in order for your app to grow. Language selection is entirely based on the quality of the app you would want; a scalable language, if used in the development process, can result in a scalable app. Encryption is also a major factor to consider while selecting any programming language. If you fail to choose a compatible language, the app could have security issues.
The year 2024 comprises a wide array of programming languages; selecting the right language for your app development is the key to making an informed decision. We have made a list of the six top languages with a lot of consideration and research, as every language is good in some ways and also has some pitfalls. The selection of the language should be based on the platform choice, whether native development or cross-platform development. You can be sure to get high-quality and affordable mobile app development services in Dallas Texas. To have a successful app, it's very important to choose a scalable and efficient language that is compatible and not outdated. Poor programming language selection can result in slower loading times, heavy apps with slow loading times, or even worse.